As one of the team start off on an exciting new adventure this summer, we are looking to hire a new Senior Product Designer to lead one of our project teams; generating award winning solutions to our clients’ varied briefs across industrial, consumer, and sports technology sectors. Based in Bristol, UK.
I’m interested in hearing from anyone with a background in creative product design, with solid experience, and who is looking for a new challenge in the Bristol area, to become part of a world class design team (and all round nice bunch of people)!
So, what makes a good product designer?
- You excite our clients and your colleagues with your creative spirit, relentless enthusiasm for good design and ability to create innovative solutions to problems. Clients want you to work on their projects, and your colleagues want to work with you.
- Your portfolio shows a balance of creative flair, rational judgement and informed decision making. You show how you tapped into the best direction for the project, or how you found it; and you demonstrate your creative flair, engineering efficiency and aesthetic refinement with an infectious passion.
- Your relationships with your colleague’s and our clients build lasting relationships. You understand that our clients are important to us and strive to make their involvement enjoyable and easy; bringing them back time and again. You’re friendly, articulate, confident and comfortable discussing your solutions with an array of stakeholders. You listen intently because you know that feedback gets the best from your design, and product onto the market. You’re egoless and empathetic, knowing when to push for change, or accept it.
- Your design process understanding gives you the ability to pick up mature projects or drive the whole process as required. You will be involved in and often expected to drive product development processes: brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, CAD development, testing, validation and manufacturing preparation. Throughout, you’ll collaborate with ease and professionalism, taking guidance and direction well, owning your schedule, feedback loops and helping team members around you. The payoff? Seeing your products on the shelf, awards in the cabinet and our client’s success.
- You lead your colleagues with respect, passion, and a shared responsibility for delivery. You understand the importance of both mentoring and collaboration in achieving the best result; and are keen to share your experience and hard earned knowledge with others.
What skills will you need as a senior product designer?
- A degree in Industrial or Product Design from a reputable design school or university, topped off with experience in a commercial design environment.
- Strong creative skillset and, based on your solid understanding of product design, usability, and mass manufacturing methods.
- Experience in Solidworks (Surface and solid modelling), Keyshot, and Adobe CS+, immaculate spelling and grammar, with an eye for detail and form.
- A resident of, or with appropriate visas already in place to work in the UK.
- Previous experience in line-managing a small team of designers would be beneficial.
What are we offering?
We are a forward thinking and sociable product design agency working on varied, challenging and exciting briefs for some of the world’s leading brands alongside the most exciting startups, from one of the UK’s most exciting and progressive cities.
We offer a chance to become a central member of our exciting and growing team, a competitive salary, company pension, bonus, and cycle to work schemes, international travel (we hope!), flexible working, creative days, beer’o’clock and team meals every Friday, and team socials.
Interested? What next…
+ Send your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with a range of projects you believe will get us excited based on our market sectors and approach.
+ Tell us a bit about you and why you’re the right fit for Realise Design.
+ Drop us a line to chat through the role, your experience and how you might fit into the team.
We regret that we are not working with agency recruiters on this role, and are only interested in candidates who reach out to us personally.